Cyprus is often named the Friendly Island and has the advantage of sitting at the meeting point of three continents; Europe, Africa and Asia, which makes it perfectly positioned for travel and business. In terms of area and population Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean, after the Italian islands of Sicily and Sardinia.
Cyprus has recently been designated the 5th best relocation destination in the world by a report published by Knight Frank, a leading independent, global real estate consultancy firm. Ranked by key business and leisure indicators, Cyprus was the only European country alongside Switzerland to make it into the top five – ahead of London, Madrid and Monaco.
Member of the European Union
On the 1st of May 2004 the Republic of Cyprus became a full member of the European Union and on 1 January 2008 joined the euro-system and introduced the Euro as its official currency, replacing the Cyprus pound as the unit of account.
Interesting and Important Investment Facts
- Cyprus has a modern, free-market service based economy with an effective and transparent regulatory and legal framework, giving international investors and businesses confidence to invest, grow and prosper and structured so as to offer impressive tax advantages.
- No inheritance tax and an emerging energy economy make Cyprus an appealing location for dual citizenship.
- Cyprus offers:
- Two International airports located in Larnaca and Paphos.
- The road infrastructure is excellent.
- Fantastic telecommunications systems in place.
- British private education system.
- A world class healthcare system.
- Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program among the “best in the world”.
With its warm and stable climate and convenient geographical position Cyprus is considered an attractive place for residence. At least 320 days of sunshine a year classify the island as one of the sunniest European locations.
Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program
In addition to pleasant weather, the investment landscape in Cyprus is beneficial due to the island’s well-qualified labour force, attractive taxation and a reliable transport and telecommunications system. Cyprus ranks highly because of its favourable tax regime for new residents, particularly high net worth individuals. Recent studies conducted by global immigration experts deemed the Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program among the “best in the world”.
Cyprus has a modern, free-market, service-based economy
Contact us for further information.